A chronicle of the pregnancy of my wife and the birth and life of identical twin sisters.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Heat


Whenever we cook our house becomes so hot it is quite unpleasant. We love to cook so this happens all the time. The oven has no external vent so all the heat goes back into the room. We pretty much have to crank the A/C all the time at this point. Luckily our little abode has pretty good trees around it to help block the sun or it would be worse.

For a mom preggers with twins, this is doubly uncomfortable. K has gained over 50 lbs and has to wear a nylon belly band and it causes a rash. She is one gorgeous momma though. I don't recommend having twins in the middle of summer in Texas, but I don't not recommend it either. If you wanna have kids you're going to have them whenever. We wouldn't change it for the world, of course.

I do think of my little girls and what it will be like when they are older. I certainly hope we can get a handle on global warming and their world isn't one of crazy high temperatures and drought. I believe we will find a way to keep from cooking ourselves and this planet. I see the higher gas prices as being a blessing. People are finally starting to drive less and pay attention to their fuel consumption on a large scale it seems.

No comments: