A chronicle of the pregnancy of my wife and the birth and life of identical twin sisters.

Friday, July 11, 2008

The belly, the steering wheel and not loving cars

Today is the last day K is allowed to drive, our decision. When she got in the car to go get her hair did (I love saying that for some reason) she could only fit her index finger between belly and steering wheel. She is 33 1/2 weeks but measuring 41 weeks! The seat can't go back anymore because she would not be able to reach the pedals. So, no more driving for K. All she has to do now and rest and grow those babies.
I do most of the driving anyway so it's not much of a change. We got a Honda Odyssey because with the car seats I can't fit comfortably in the Accord. I'm not a car lover so "love" isn't normally a word I associate with cars but we really like the thing. It has the double automatic sliding doors and these funky automatic flap windows in the back. Gadgets! yay!

I have zero concern regarding the "cool factor" of a car. Cars are just really expensive tools. My favorite car is not even a car. It's a truck. I just love knowing that I have a vehicle that at any moment I can haul a 1/2 ton pallet of grass if need be. My second favorite car is a bike. Then a wheel barrow. Then a dolly. Now, I do love dollys. My dolly is my back's best friend.

No comments: