A chronicle of the pregnancy of my wife and the birth and life of identical twin sisters.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Any day now...

We are literally days away from the birth. Kate's contractions, while not regular, are more frequent. She is way more uncomfortable in general: back pains, belly aches, some nausea. These are all signs of the body preparing for birth.

No one ever told me, or maybe I did not listen, but sleeping for her is the worst part, or not sleeping. She just can't get comfortable in bed. She can't breathe well when laying down or even sitting up, really. So, the time when she normally rests the most is when she is the most uncomfortable. It's frustrating for her, but she is handling it well. I spend a lot of time scratching her back and that usually gets her snoring. Yes, she who never snored before except for cute little mouse-like sniffles, now snores like a sailor. It's cute too, but sometimes it's way loud and startling in the quiet of the night.

All is well and the little butterflies in my stomach are fluttering more each day in the biggest countdown of my life.

No comments: