A chronicle of the pregnancy of my wife and the birth and life of identical twin sisters.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hush Little Baby

There is a lot of catching up to do on this blog. It's been 7 weeks since Ruby Faye and Violet were born. It seems like a lot longer, honestly.
I am so tired by the time I can write in the evening and thus usually don't. But, here I am. I am not going to get into things too much tonight but I do want to post a song. We have been dancing and singing our babies to sleep with this one every night for the past few nights. After swaddling them, they wrestle like little Houdini wannabes trying to get out of the swaddle. This song has really helped get them to accept the swaddle and sleep.

I love the song obviously, but it has a sadness to it. I was wondering if the singer is singing from the perspective of the little "rich" baby that has a lot of things but still is not happy. What do you think?

1 comment:

Granny said...

I have loved this song for a long time and think it is sung by a "nanny" in servitude. Someone who observes why the baby has no worry but is overlaid with a melancholy feeling because the "nanny" does have reason to worry. Kinda strange, huh? These two lucky ducks don't have much to worry about because they've got a mamma and a daddy plus a wide cirle of people love them.